HOB Protein Skimmer. Octopus or Magus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Albindia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys - have a 30 Gl tall reef tank that's been running a little longer than a month. Everything is going fine but I'm thinking of adding a HOB Protein skimmer. Heard the Octopus and Bubble Magus are good - any suggestions or votes of confidence??

I'm not familiar with the Magus but I do have an Octopus skimmer.

I've only had it a few weeks now but I do like it very well. It was easy to setup and began producing slimmate very quickly.

Also, Coralvue's warranty and customer service impressed me. Mine was a gift and the chamber had a small crack when it arrived, slow leak. I contacted the company and they asked for photos. After I sent the photos for conformation they sent out a replacement part and had UPS pick up the damaged part, no charge to me. It surprised me that there was no hassling for the issue. I was definitely happy.

Oh, mines the Reef Octopus BH-2000.

i got a BM in sump skimmer and they are one of the most quiet skimmer I have ever had. comparing Vertex, Euro reef, the BM does the trick and also dead quiet. Not sure about the HoB tho

Back
Top Bottom