Hole in head and fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camj417

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417647765.123891.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417648027.936891.jpg

She has bumped into the glass several times when I walk up to the tank she'll just start swimming really fast and run into everything

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1. The marks on the head might be from swimming into the glass but maybe bad pic looks like 2 tiny holes and 30 gallons
2. Tank mates are afican feather fin catfish, auratus, female kenyi, and a jewel
3. They all get along and the Africans don't mess with the jack dempsey

I hate to say it but the jack needs at least the 30 by him self for a grow out tank and should be moved to at least a 40B. I think the tail looks like one of your Africans may have done that. Usually HITH is caused buy poor water quality. As long as you are amo-0 nitrite-0 and Nitrate under 20 then I think its a space issue.

Yeah I don't think it's the water and really the only time I'm not watching the tank is when I'm sleeping and I haven't seen the African swim near they definitely wouldn't chase her I'll be getting a 75 gallon tank soon though

None of my sa/ca's have ever had HITH so maybe some one with some experience with it will give you a better answer.

Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom