Hole size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can any one help please.

I'm having a 4ft x24 x24 and a 4ft x30 x24 tanks made for me, I need to know what size hole to have the tank drilled and what size tank connectors to fit to it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can any one help please.

I'm having a 4ft x24 x24 and a 4ft x30 x24 tanks made for me, I need to know what size hole to have the tank drilled and what size tank connectors to fit to it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

On my 4' x 2' x 2' I have two 1" holes for the overflow and two 3/4" holes for returns.

*mistake I meant those are the line sizes. I will post hole sizes shortly.

Last edited:
For a 3/4" abs bulkhead hole size is 35 mm. A 1" abs bh hole size is 45mm.

For PVC 3/4" bh hole size is 45mm & for 1" bh hole size is 48 mm

For a 3/4" abs bulkhead hole size is 35 mm. A 1" abs bh hole size is 45mm.

For PVC 3/4" bh hole size is 45mm & for 1" bh hole size is 48 mm

Thanks for the info really appreciate it. Do you know if that would be sufficient for the 48x30x24?

Holes should correspond to size bulkheads used. I would say the same size for both size tanks would be sufficient.

Here's one side of my tank drains and returns

Attachments

• image-3988489799.jpg
    image-3988489799.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 115
I have a 135g 6ft tank and I drilled 1 1/2" holes for 1" bulkheads.

I drilled the same for the return but wish I would have went with a smaller return because its hard to find the fittings I want. So I would go with 1 1/2" holes for the drain, and 1" hole for the return.

I have a 135g 6ft tank and I drilled 1 1/2" holes for 1" bulkheads.

I drilled the same for the return but wish I would have went with a smaller return because its hard to find the fittings I want. So I would go with 1 1/2" holes for the drain, and 1" hole for the return.

Thanks for your help. ;-)

I have decided to have a 55mm hole with a 40mm pipe and a 34mm hole with a 26mm pipe for the return.

A return pump of 5000lts per hour and everything should be good. Fingers crossed.

Put a valve so you can control the flow of the return. I put one on for each of mine, I have four

You mite need a check valve. Depending how deep the return are. Gravity suction might over flow the sump. No one needs a flood.

Back
Top Bottom