Holy leaping goldfish batman!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deminox

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've found plenty of articles of goldfish leaping OUT of tanks. But nothing on goldfish just.. leaping in the tank. Playfully it seems. Both my goldfish just started doing it recently. Swim down.. dart up, sploosh! Dive down. Anyone else have leaping (non-suicidal) goldfish?

Mine are two fancytails.

Oddly when they aren't leaping and swimming laps around the tank, one just sits on the bottom (she's done that a lot since i got her. Water always tests fine, she has no signs of bad health, once she had tattered fins but it ends up it was a combination of too close to the filter and a sharp edged toy i removed) or hangs in place in a corner, and the other just hovers next to her.

So my fish are either hyperactive or flatline bored. No in between.

Who's got some quirky fish? I can't be the only one!

This post brought to you by.. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Have you checked them for white spot?just an idea :)

20 gallon fancy goldfish tank
150 gallon koi tank
60 gallon cichlid tank
2 gallon neon tetra tank

I've heard of them doing that when a big storm is brewing , I forget the scientific name for it ,

Klauss (the younger puppy-like fancy tail) we assumed was male because he chases Callie. And has breeding stars on his dorsal fin. And got his wen.

Callie looks like she has white spots on only one gill. Thought only males got that. She jumps the most.

Did we gender-reverse our goldfish?

This post brought to you by.. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Have a look( profile ) directly below the anal fin, find the 'vent', girls have an outie boys have an innie
My male oranda has stars but only on his pectoral fins. About 20 on each front ray, but he has no spots on his gills, think something might be wrong there

Back
Top Bottom