Hood for 20g Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a 20g long tank the other day and I realize a few moments ago that it had no lid. I was thinking I could get one off of aquabid or the classifieds here but I was wondering if any of you had a better/cheaper idea. Thanks! :)

Is it going to be planted? Because I'm looking for 2 relatively high light fixtures as well. I'm getting 2 20Ls soon

I bought a 20g long tank the other day and I realize a few moments ago that it had no lid. I was thinking I could get one off of aquabid or the classifieds here but I was wondering if any of you had a better/cheaper idea. Thanks! :)

How many inches long is the tank? Do you want fixtures or hoods? What's the max amount your willing to spend?

Hey fishie, your pm box is full.

Edit: oops nevermind, looks like you cleared it.

How many inches long is the tank? Do you want fixtures or hoods? What's the max amount your willing to spend?

Max amount is 50 dollars and its in the car sooooo I can't measure it. I do want a hood. Like one that I have on my 10g. It has a feeding trap, a empty space for filter and heater and has two incandescent lightbulbs on top. I really like it. I think Aqueon makes it and I'd love to get one like that.

Max amount is 50 dollars and its in the car sooooo I can't measure it. I do want a hood. Like one that I have on my 10g. It has a feeding trap, a empty space for filter and heater and has two incandescent lightbulbs on top. I really like it. I think Aqueon makes it and I'd love to get one like that.

I have an Aqueon deluxe hood but that one only has one fluorescent bulb. A feeding trap? The hood I have is pretty good and will be ok with low light plants. And it's on a 20 g standard. I'm pretty sure I got it in sale for around $30.

I have an Aqueon deluxe hood but that one only has one fluorescent bulb. A feeding trap? The hood I have is pretty good and will be ok with low light plants. And it's on a 20 g standard. I'm pretty sure I got it in sale for around $30.

Where'd you get it from?

I got mine for my 20l from petco I think its the same one for 30gallon tanks...I'm not sure how mush it was though

I got mine for my 20l from petco I think its the same one for 30gallon tanks...I'm not sure how mush it was though

I got mine from petsmart. I'm pretty sure petco has something similar too. But I only know for certain petsmart has it.

Are you getting low, med, or high light plants? What plants are to planing to have? Do you want a hood or fixture?

Probably med/high. One of them is going to be full of swords, crypts, plants that don't uproot easily lol. The other I have no clue. Just lots of stem plants maybe some baby tears, I haven't really planned anything. I'd like a hood, but they probably make a glass top for 20Ls so just a fixture would work.

Probably med/high. One of them is going to be full of swords, crypts, plants that don't uproot easily lol. The other I have no clue. Just lots of stem plants maybe some baby tears, I haven't really planned anything. I'd like a hood, but they probably make a glass top for 20Ls so just a fixture would work.

And how long is a 20gl again?
That sounds like some great plant your gonna get. :)
Once I know how long the tank is, I'll start giving suggestions on med/high light plants. Do you plan to have co2? ( the non liquid co2 )?
And would you prefer t5 or LEDs or something else?

And how long is a 20gl again?
That sounds like some great plant your gonna get. :)
Once I know how long the tank is, I'll start giving suggestions on med/high light plants. Do you plan to have co2? ( the non liquid co2 )?
And would you prefer t5 or LEDs or something else?

In pretty sure a 20L is like putting 2 tens side by side. So it'd be 40" X 10". I sell plants so one of these tanks is going to have plants changing all the time. The other will just have some sturdy swords, crypts, sag. It's going to have kribs and killifish. I've already got most of the plants for it. As for the other ill just fill it with whatever I've got in my other tanks and whatever people are selling. A T5 setup sounds the best. They're a little cheaper and I don't mind replacing bulbs. Oh and no CO2. I might end up dosing some excel but for now no CO2.

I'm pretty sure it has the same footprint as a 29 gallon....but I'm not sure of the exact measurements

Actually, LEDs nowadays cost the same and sometimes less expensive than t5s. Especially when you add all the replacement t5 bulbs you need to buy. One led strip ( take finnex ray2 for exa. ) can least for over 2-3 years without replacing anything.
I'm gonna measure my 20gl just to make sure the dimensions.

Actually, LEDs nowadays cost the same and sometimes less expensive than t5s. Especially when you add all the replacement t5 bulbs you need to buy. One led strip ( take finnex ray2 for exa. ) can least for over 2-3 years without replacing anything.
I'm gonna measure my 20gl just to make sure the dimensions.

How much does an led strip cost and how much of it would I need?

Back
Top Bottom