hook me up with a EI recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok, i am trying hard to jungle up.

please, if you have time, give me a recipe and insructions for EI in a 55g (112 w t-5...not the same as 112w t-8, trust me. I grow sps in salt with t5)

so, i need a fert dose schedule and recipe ( x tbsp of chemical x, y tbsp of chemical y... on x days. h2o change x times per week x amount...so on)

and how much co2 do i need here?

thanks sooooo much if you can help

40-60 Gallon Aquariums
+/- 1/2 tsp KN03 3x a week
+/- 1/8 tsp KH2P04 3x a week
+/- 1/8 tsp K2S04 3x a week
+/- 1/8 (10ml) Trace Elements 3x a week
50% weekly water change

CO2, most shoot for 30ppm. consistency is as important as value, if not more.

For me:
55 gal w/2x55 cfl (essentially t5 bent double)
1/2 tsp. KNO3
1tsp. K2SO4
1/8 tsp. mono potassium phosphate
10ml. 3x weekly of csm+b (1 3/4tsp. dissolved in 500ml.)
50% water change weekly
I concur with godzilla on the CO2.
My dosing schedule is sloppy but seems to be just as effective as most I've seen. I started with something much closer to his prescription but laziness got the best of me. FWIW, when using a heavier dosing schedule growth was more vigorous. This keeps my plants healthy without making pruning too much of a pain.

Less light= more wiggle room and less pruning.
2x 54 w T5's are more than enough for a 55-75 gallon tank.

I'd do standard EI, dose mon/wed/Fri, water change Friday and dose there after etc or similar routine. 50-60% water change weekly. Add dechloro, GH if needed etc.

Add CO2 during the day cycle only, plants do not use it at night, the pH changes due to CO2 addition make no differences to fish, (eg: high CO2 is in their blood exchanging for O2, CO2 is not a salt base etc, like a pH change rapidly from bakign soda additions etc).

When the CO2 is high, so is the O2 if you take care of the plants(they produce good amounts of O2 when happy).
At night, the CO2 is off and the O2 drops some as well.

Have some surface movement also, you will lose a little more CO2 this way, but you maintain a high stable O2 levels that way as well, and the fish are more important as algae can be dealt with, dead fish cannot be reanimated back to life.

So you can simply add a bit more CO2 and have less issues of a slug of high CO2 build up and stress for the fish that way.

Check the pH Drop checker method also.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Back
Top Bottom