hortwort randomly died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liljosh609

Aquarium Advice Activist
IT was thriving and growing well and there was much of it. Then one day it stopped growing and over a matter of weeks they were dead. I actually don't know if they died, because they didn't turn brown, they just looked kind of faded. No ferts or co2. Lighting was 2-15 watt over 55 gallon tank. What happened to it???

Sometimes it can melt after a sudden change, like when you buy it from someone else. Did you change anything in your routine? Ferts?

Never had any ferts. I can't think of anything major I did but I may have been because I put some drift wood from my backyard in! The fish were fine though

liljosh609 said:
Never had any ferts. I can't think of anything major I did but I may have been because I put some drift wood from my backyard in! The fish were fine though

Hmmm weird! Nah the driftwood probably didn't hurt it. I wonder if your hornwort might have created seeds and then died? I have no idea, i'm just speculating! But I do notice that hornwort can do badly unpredictably sometimes. When i move it to another tank, when I change what kind of light or nutrients it gets.... It's an annoying plant. And it's even MORE annoying when it drops all those needles! I hope you salvaged whatever was left living; it will grow back eventually! I'm sorry that happened!

I had it for a few months. I may have changed lighting. That's probably why.

Back
Top Bottom