hose water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sir_dudeguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey, can you fill a tank w/hose water? because the faucett i usually use is leaking very badly every time we use it so ya...
thanks

You can use it. Just remember it will be cold only, so you will have to do smaller changes or warm it up first. You are better of filling buckets at the tap instaed of the hose, since your hose is probably not a food grade hose.

ya i was wondering if it had any chemicals or somethin like that in it. but right now thats all i've got so i guess i'll use it

yes i have...that whole bathroom is the closest thing i use, because my python doesnt reach the kitchen, but the hose from outside reaches the tank easily

oh and i live in arizona so the thing about the hose water being cold shouldnt be too bad...its still getting to the 80's outside where i'm at

You need to be careful when using a garden hose....you need to make sure you run the hose for a few minutes to allow any foreign objects or stagnant water run through before putting it in your tank.

well i do, but that would take forever...the tank is a 280. and theres not fish in it right now and i'm gonna do a total cleaning of the tank tomorow to ready it for some new fish

You have a 280? Thats sweet! What are you planning on stocking it with? Where in AZ, you from? Hit up the regional forum if you don't know where all the sweet places in the phx area are to get fish, etc.

i really have no idea what i'm gonna put in it. In the past i've always had a ton of neons and a few angels, and those were pretty cool, but i think i want somethin different

how long of a hose do you need? I have a 20' clear 5/8 tube from home depot attached to a standard hose end. I hook it up directly to the laundry tub faucet (same size as an outside tap would be). the clear tube is only used for the tank and can be attached to a gravel vac.

my python is a 25 footer and its not even close to the closest faucett, but i might get a extension.

Home depot, 20' is less then 10$, couplers are available in the irrigation dept. you can also get it cut to a custom length.. way cheaper then buying extensions.. (at least up here)

Look at a camping & rv shop. They sell drinking water safe hoses for filling tanks on rv's. 50 foot is around $12.

i filled up my 29 with the hose, but havent used the hose for anything except my pond after that

well i did it...everyone's fine in there, so its all good, in a few days i'll be able to go get some neons i guess

glad everyone turned out to be fine in your tank, I read somewhere that they use some chemical in the making of garden hoses that can potentially be deadly to fish

Back
Top Bottom