Hoselock easyclear in koi pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Priceyp7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm in the early steps of building a bigger pond! Im thinking of building it 7ft x 7ft and about 4-5 ft deep! It's prob about 1500 gallon! But even though I want a bigger pond my garden is small so currently I run the easyclear 3000 in my pond but I'm thinking off still using the easyclear. But upgrading to 2x easyclear 9000 pumps, I was wondering what your thoughts are and if they would be suitable!

Thanks

The Easyclear 9000 is rated by Hozelock as suitable for ponds with no fish of upto 9000 Litres or with goldfish 4500 Litres, but koi require twice the filtration of a normal goldfish pond and therefore in theory they would go down to 2250 Litres each and combining two units 4500 Litres. You should have around 7000 Litres and they really are not up for the job so don't waste your had earn't cash

I understand that you have limited space, and we all have budget limitations, but you really need a proper filter pump in the deepest end of the pond with a UV and external filter that returns the water to the opposite end of the pond from the pump. Plus you must ensure that it's all suitably rated for koi as above.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom