Hospital tank help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piercy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
I added a kole tang on Sunday (4days ago) and now has ich. I also set up a qt tank on Sunday but I am worried to transfer all fish to it seeing as it is not cycled. I know the only way to beat the ich is to remove all fish for 6/8 weeks and treat with copper. I have a sponge in my display tank I can transfer to the qt tank I was also thinking of using dosing bacteria and also stresszyme along with large water changes each day. Does this sound ok as have never done this before. I have a flame back dwarf angel two six spot sleeper gobys and a kole tang. The tang is the only fish with ich ATM. The qt tank is only 20 gallons and this will be a big load for a small tank. The tang isn't fully grown and is only about 3/4 inches and the gobys are about 3 inches. Nothing seems stressed in the tank and the tang is happily cleaning up my green hair algea problem.

The question was about puttin fish in an uncycled qt tank rather than the ich. But thanks for the links.

Anyone like to share their experience of using a uncycled qt tank?

Back
Top Bottom