House plants fertilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i just did it, I tried cuting them in 4 pieces and putting one little piece on each plant about 2 months ago.

Well i just did it, I tried cuting them in 4 pieces and putting one little piece on each plant about 2 months ago.

In a tank that size you probably need a whole stick! lol
My tank is a 55g, so I'm gonna put pieces in.

Yea i think its a good idea to start with little pieces and see how it goes, so far all my fish look good and the plants too

At a pet store on a town close by. They had a bunch of this, im gonna try them on my new tank what do you think?

Ok so how about this?? Has anyone used this?

They are missing macros. I doubt you will get great results with them. The 0-0-6 is telling you that there's 0 of both nitrogen and phosphate which plants definitely need. The only macro element that it has is potassium.

Ohh ok I'll try them since I bought one pack already.

A lot of root tabs are missing major macronutrients. I tend to think that micronutrients are more important for root fertilization, but there's not much information available on that. That being said, macronutrients are usually available in abundance in the water column, so I wouldn't be worried about it unless you weren't confident your macronutrient supply was up to par.

I have completely switched to dynamite and 00 gel caps. My plants have exploded in growth from them. Amazon has both for cheap and it takes no time to make them up. I put 3 under a sword and they last 2-3 months.

A lot of root tabs are missing major macronutrients. I tend to think that micronutrients are more important for root fertilization, but there's not much information available on that. That being said, macronutrients are usually available in abundance in the water column, so I wouldn't be worried about it unless you weren't confident your macronutrient supply was up to par.

I would imagine the macros are more important in inert substrates where nutrients are going to be low. For the longest time I used flourish root tabs for my swords and while they looked nice they didn't grow much until I added some some O+ root tabs; at which point in time I saw visible growth difference in two days. I can really only attribute the enhanced growth to the macros in the new tabs i started using.

I would imagine the macros are more important in inert substrates where nutrients are going to be low. For the longest time I used flourish root tabs for my swords and while they looked nice they didn't grow much until I added some some O+ root tabs; at which point in time I saw visible growth difference in two days. I can really only attribute the enhanced growth to the macros in the new tabs i started using.

What is O+ root tabs?

What is O+ root tabs?

They are size 00 gel capsules that people fill with Osmocote Plus. However since Osmocote + is discontinued now people are using either dynamite flower and vegetable or a blend of a few different fertilizers like I am.

They are size 00 gel capsules that people fill with Osmocote Plus. However since Osmocote + is discontinued now people are using either dynamite flower and vegetable or a blend of a few different fertilizers like I am.

What blend are you using?

Back
Top Bottom