How bad are planatia (sp)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was *tank absent* for a few days during which time power must have gone out & the hob on the shrimp tank hadn't restarted so there was an *oily film* on the surface. Once I got it going and the surface agitated there was a huge influx of planatia. How/why did they
get here

That's just it, I havn't added anything new - switched things around between the tanks I already had up & running and ofcourse the whole no running filter due to black out fiasco
I am.not really caring as they seem to *hide* on the peice of floating driftwood amd if I do happen to disturb them I just net what I can and put them in the tetra or angel tank as a treat
Just couldn't figure out their sudden appearance

Mine were in a tank and I had no idea. Until I changed the substrate and then I spotted them. They could have been in there for months.

As long as they are only a visual annoyance for me & aren't going to cause issues with the shrimp I am not going to worry about a wholesale extermination until I have time then, still have some tank reconstruction to work on that is more of a priority

The majority of what I have read is that they will kill shrimp. I treated my tank to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom