How big do bumblebee chiclids get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the color... Also is something wrong with one of my acei? One looks deformed...

Attachments

• image-3632412311.jpg
    image-3632412311.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 88
Andrew McFadden said:
Now those look like acei

The bigger ones are the same color just less yellow on the fins.. Also would you know which black chiclid that is? He's about 5.5"( the same size as the bigger acei)... I just can't figure out which kind he is( saying he because of the orange spots in the anal fin)..

This is my ace, I saved him from petco. He was a donation. He was pritty dark bleu in that tank, funny thing was. As soon as I put him in my tank he got ice bleu. He is the Boss in the tank.
He never turned dark bleu again sinds I saved him lol
image-462728006.jpg

Mine were darker at petsmart and as soon as I put them in the tank they went to the icey color and the stripes came out

Lol. I bought one, he was nice bleu with yellow bars *** soon I put him in the tank. bleu he went and gone were the yellow bars,

I bought 2 in the assorted cichlid tank at petsmart... They was $11 originally but with pets perk card the was $6 each and my acei was $4 each

Nice Going as soon your fish getting bigger you will see how small the tank is getting. Lol.

hi i got a bumblebee only tank and my biggest male is about 5-6 inches ive had them for a while . heres a pic

Attachments

• 558978_10151137731007960_1319463116_a[1].jpg
    558978_10151137731007960_1319463116_a[1].jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 81
Kingcichlid87 said:
hi i got a bumblebee only tank and my biggest male is about 5-6 inches ive had them for a while . heres a pic

Very nice... I love my bumble bee... He's the easiest fish in my aquarium to deal with... Mines still small and I've had for about 6 months

What type of food do y'all feed your bumble bees? I'm using tetra cichlid flakes at the moment and use live shrimp/minnows.

Djsilentchild said:
This is the color... Also is something wrong with one of my acei? One looks deformed...

Is your female that you think maybe deformed be holding?

Dreamingdragon said:
This is my ace, I saved him from petco. He was a donation. He was pritty dark bleu in that tank, funny thing was. As soon as I put him in my tank he got ice bleu. He is the Boss in the tank.
He never turned dark bleu again sinds I saved him lol

Are you sure this is an acei? I think it may have been miss labeled. What color is the top fin? It's hard to tell by the photo.

Idk which is the male and which is the female but one has a more rounder head neither are holding any thing in their mouths

The first one in the photo looks like a male to me. The top fin is more pointed. It looks just like my males body shape and fin. It's hard to tell by the photo to be sure. If a female is holding their head tends to look plumper in the head area. They also act like the are chewing something.

Pam is here said:
The first one in the photo looks like a male to me. The top fin is more pointed. It looks just like my males body shape and fin. It's hard to tell by the photo to be sure. If a female is holding their head tends to look plumper in the head area. They also act like the are chewing something.

Awesome... Now I don't have to worry about any deformed fish lol

isit easy to tell if the females are holding their fry . i have no experriance with bumblebee cichlids :(

i feed my bumblebees . spirulina flakes as they love algie type foods aswell as occassional frozen bloodworm and cichlid sticks

Kingcichlid87 said:
isit easy to tell if the females are holding their fry . i have no experriance with bumblebee cichlids :(

i feed my bumblebees . spirulina flakes as they love algie type foods aswell as occassional frozen bloodworm and cichlid sticks

Bumble bees are mouth brooding cichlids... They will carry the eggs in their mouth for a few days... Meaning her mouth will look like something is in it...

Back
Top Bottom