How Come: Sometimes can edit post, sometimes can't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question - how come sometimes I can edit a post that I 've made to a forum and other times I can't?

1) Sometimes your not logged in...
2) Sometimes the post is in a forum where the permissions are set so no editing is allowed except by a moderator.

Due to the nature of a couple of forums we do not allow editing in some forums, which forum are you having problems in? I can see if we (actually me, I always forget to set it to allow editing) have the permissions on or off for that forum.

Hi Reefrunner

I noticed this in the WelcomeWagon forum. I posted a hello message ( BTW thanks for the welcome message :) ) but made a few typos. So I was looking for the edit button but could not find it.

Thx for the quick reply on this.

Also noticed one other thing - not sure why but sometimes the site does not allow me to login. I try a few times (I'm pretty sure I'm typing id and pw correctly) and keeps saying invalid user. Then on like maybe the 3 to 5th attempt it lets me in. This does not always happen but perhaps about 50% of the time.

This AM I figured my account was dropped so I wanted to contact you guys but could find no way to do that as a non-memebr. So I attempted to re-register as a new user and it returned the message "Email address already assigned to another user."

Left me in a bit of a quandry - but fortunately - I tried to login again and it let me.

Technology - wow!

Tom

CHeck the remember me box and then yo uwont have to login all the time. Remember things are case sensitive and having your username with Upper and lower case can be tricky if your not careful. Same holds for a password.

I wanted to contact you guys but could find no way to do that as a non-memebr.

Thats kind of by design. Had we put an obvious e-mail link somewhere we would be inindated with hundreds of spam messages per day from nasty spammers who simply scour the internet for e-mail addresss. When in doubt reply to the e-mail address all the e-mails from this site go out under.

I see no problem with allowing edits in the welcome forum so it will be enabled soon.

Hey - Thanks FF.

Yeah - I am aware of the case sensitivity. Actually, it's a little comical that I'm having any difficulties with this at all since I am a Software engineer by education and profession and manage a team of developers. Doesn't seems to matter, technology always sees to get by me one way or the other anyway. :eek:

Anyway thanks for the tips.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom