How common is it for angels to badly damage eachother during/after spawning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im with andy there guys. I keep my angels in 10g or 29g tanks and find no problems wat so ever.
They refuse to breed in my community (75g) but as soon as they go to a 10 or 29 they spawn.
I dont think its cruel as long as the angel isnt too big, but as stated, if fins are looking crampy and uncomfortable, touching bottom etc, upgrade to a 29g.
Heres a pic ;) see she is fine, moved her partner to anpther 10g as turned out to be another female also. Thats two angels in two 10g, still laying eggs, and actually friendlier than when they were in a larger tank.
I notice also, the bigger the tank, the more scared/jumpy the pair gets. Smaller tanks seem less stressful for my fishies.

Attachments

• image-167294139.jpg
    image-167294139.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 36
Im with andy there guys. I keep my angels in 10g or 29g tanks and find no problems wat so ever.
They refuse to breed in my community (75g) but as soon as they go to a 10 or 29 they spawn.
I dont think its cruel as long as the angel isnt too big, but as stated, if fins are looking crampy and uncomfortable, touching bottom etc, upgrade to a 29g.
Heres a pic ;) see she is fine, moved her partner to anpther 10g as turned out to be another female also. Thats two angels in two 10g, still laying eggs, and actually friendlier than when they were in a larger tank.
I notice also, the bigger the tank, the more scared/jumpy the pair gets. Smaller tanks seem less stressful for my fishies.
I'm talking about adult angels when i say not in a 10 gal, or when I refer to a required tank size for any type of fish. Keeping young in a smaller tank is a different story. But that's really not what this thread is about. If I put my angels in a breeder it's not going to be a 10 gal. Period.

No worries. Your entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. I grew out my largest adult angel in that 10g tank along with a discus, and she is the one i am closest to, the first one to always swim up and say hello now. Never did her any harm. The discus neither.
So as i said. All opinions are different, as are each fish. I say try in a 10g, if your fish likes it, great, if its harming your fish, change to something bigger. ;)
My 2 cents worth anyways

although i know nothing about angels i would say buy a tank devider it seems they are more then willing to spawn in your community tank so why not just slap a devider in and the fish can all be togeather in the same tank but the male wont be killed, plus in a larger tank the water quality wont drop as quickly.....

Back
Top Bottom