How computer savvy are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Well, it helps that I have a comp sci degree and my husband is a network engineer. We actually do have servers in the house that run Linux!

... what connection do you have? if you mean a server as in like 10+ computers? or just linked comps or some like cable with a router?

I got a 5 on the nerd test...has anybody taken any others? I took the RU Stupid test and I am only 4% stupid.

greenmagi said:
Toirtis said:
Oddly, I scored in the top 40%....now that was unanticipated.

We welcome you here in geekdome...LOL *top 37% here... 8O :p

Since I am far from a computer-maven, I think the fact that I have been using computers and been online since the early '80s helped a lot...and my memory for terms and trivia.

Good times... good times.

Back when it could still take a couple days for your email to get to someone hehe

Yes, the good old days! :wink: Kids in college now don't even study COBOL or FORTRAN. When I was in college we wrote our own little operating system. It only had to do 4 things -- open a file, save a file, read a record..oh, I forget. It was fun, though.

My husband took some of the servers back to work and someone else gets to take them home. I looked on the shelf and there are still 3 down there, though. I want that nice shelf for a tank! :lol: To answer krap101's question, these are dedicated servers for my husband's work. If the power goes out, I go downstairs and fix them since I work at home, but otherwise I don't touch them. I don't use them to get to this site, for example.

We just got another "toy" -- a Cisco VOIP phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom