How could I replace this space with a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
O I found room in my room for a 40 gallon tank. I'm still 14 but I do all the work myself for my 10 gallon, so I know I'm capable for a bigger tank.

Anyway basically there's a game board shelf on the left side of my bed, then my bed, then an empty space on the right side of my bed. I could already probably fit a 20 gallon in the space on the right, but if I take my game board/book shelf down on the left and move my bed over, I can have space for a 40, even 50 gallon. However most of those games on that shelf are my sisters. My parents are up to the idea but I don't think my sister is. How could I take the game shelf down without pissing her off?

Also my bed is a loft bed, those massive bunk beds that you sleep on top and there's a little cave under the bottom (where I do my homework)

Anyway do you think we can move the whole loft bed unit over?

You have to do what is necessary to get another tank. I'm already in talks with my girlfriend to get rid of the kitchen table for a 75 gallon.

I'm not winning yet, but I'm not giving up either.

Laser said:
You have to do what is necessary to get another tank. I'm already in talks with my girlfriend to get rid of the kitchen table for a 75 gallon.

I'm not winning yet, but I'm not giving up either.

Good luck! For me it's my dad my mom and I against my sister plus it's ridiculous that my sister runs out of room so puts all her stuff in my room and assumes she can get away with it

I'm 14 and I have a loft bed too. I have moved the thing by my self countless time (my room never stays the same) well I think it could be done. And also you let you're sis control you like that? Smh.. Lol jk

How old is your sister?? If I were you I wouldn't let her keep her crap in my room. Move it out! I'm 15 btw :D and I also care for my tanks.

I don't get any help either Except my family saying that they love watching my fish.

Good luck! For me it's my dad my mom and I against my sister plus it's ridiculous that my sister runs out of room so puts all her stuff in my room and assumes she can get away with it

Step 1: Gather all the stuff in your room that belongs to your sister.
Step 2: When she's not at home move it all into her room.
Step 3: Set up new tank in newly acquired space.

vanimal said:
Craigslist :)

I have never been able to find anything and when I do its too big. Maybe I can talk my family into a 100g +

Lexilove said:
I have never been able to find anything and when I do its too big. Maybe I can talk my family into a 100g +

My family loves my 150. My Mom will occasionally buy me fish :)

Lexilove said:
I wish my mom was that into it. Lol

Tell me about it! All my mom does is nag me about the water on the floor when I do water changes lol

Bobjoefredsky said:
Tell me about it! All my mom does is nag me about the water on the floor when I do water changes lol

Haha that happens to me a lot!

Oh, if only my mother had let me get a tank that big when I was your age... Oh wait, that would have backfired terribly seeing as I moved out to go to a boarding school when I was 15. And then a massive hurricane destroyed our house... Still, I would have loved one then as much as I would now if space / flooring strength / the landlord's approval allowed.

I say get your sister's stuff where it belongs, in her room. If your parents are ok with it, that's all that really matters. Maybe help her find a way to reorganize some of her stuff so it fits in her room. If you're feeling particularly evil maybe threaten that if it's in your room, it's yours and you can throw it out if you want to, hehe. Just kidding, that would probably make your parents reconsider letting you get the bigger tank. The bed shouldn't be too hard to move, but just make sure you have enough room to access the tank and do all of the necessary maintenance on it. I've had a tank next to my bed before, and it could be difficult at times having all the room I needed to do water changes and get to stuff in the tank stand. I would try to have at least three feet of clearance in front of the tank.

Well, on the bright side, your parents are with you and not against you getting a bigger tank. Bottom line, your sisters stuff has to go.

Do this. Tell your sister if she moves her stuff so you can get a tank that you will let her name and pick out a fish for it. I think something positive will work better.

Back
Top Bottom