How did I end of with blue shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, so I've finally become successful at breeding RCS! Here's the catch, I know that sometimes as a result of years of breeding, sometimes RCS shrimplets will be born colorless. As some have now matured, I've got two that are chocolate in color one cobalt blue and one that is not bright, but still blue nonetheless. How in the world does this happen? I've never had blues in the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's genetic s for you. All species int he neocardiania name were wild caught RCS at some point (clear with some brown spots) and then colors come out. If you want to get a more solid line of blue or whatever color, you'll have to breed those 2 shrimp together and you'll be more likely to get more blue shrimp.

That's genetic s for you. All species int he neocardiania name were wild caught RCS at some point (clear with some brown spots) and then colors come out. If you want to get a more solid line of blue or whatever color, you'll have to breed those 2 shrimp together and you'll be more likely to get more blue shrimp.

I guess so, it's just really strange how the colors could change so drastically!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom