How do I change filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I have a 10 gallon tank Planted

I have Aqeon quid flow it doesn't have any medium it has a filter pad with activated carbon and it has a little Holster plastic piece that says it suppose to catch good bacteria. I want to change the filter to a Penguin BIO-Wheel Power Filter but I know I cant just change the filter so how do I do this?

This is a picture of the Filter I have now
_I8K72dbu6KohL3hWudrcQBWGQwzUKpg4n7O8nZLj6gJ6RX-oiLkYRF9-8CYEjUDz9qq33BA5-Dmuiumtwu7QqJdMR_VLDHHbidOlIfbjoHGCH2lo3gfePPfZtoV2gXXNCc3XPYIHBt3J1JJ873bZ_3esf3EVBPO97-UXM8

This is the a picture of the filter I want.

BvgNXUSOzyuBbxriPXGH-OMszIZd_r9XhGF6ddZUmSaHlAJK5iXFdNVScrolD1SMbjgQs9pigk3ESi2ERc-arM909bzk45qoWPXvTOJaBuTYFpfq8sBTxG5MNekMcMr7Laq9sBu7YMLoFWTSnVKywkw7yBsLOJFyH4K37EA

Please suggest some other filters to me as-well

people on here will say the Hagen Aquaclears are good not only because of the variable flow speed but also its ability to host just about any media inside you want: carbon, purigen, chemipure, etc.

what i would do is add the filter pad from the aqueon in maybe pantyhose or something while the new filter builds up its bacteria, then you can take it out and do whatever with it

people on here will say the Hagen Aquaclears are good not only because of the variable flow speed but also its ability to host just about any media inside you want: carbon, purigen, chemipure, etc.

what i would do is add the filter pad from the aqueon in maybe pantyhose or something while the new filter builds up its bacteria, then you can take it out and do whatever with it

Well the filter pad is suppose to be changed every two weeks so I doubt it has allot of beneficial bacteria on the carbon pad.

Back
Top Bottom