How do I make driftwood sink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmo004

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found some cool driftwood at the lake and I'm going to put in in my 30 gallon tank. I've already boiled it, but the wood still floats. How can I make it stay at the bottom of the tank?

You can try boiling some more and soaking it in a tote of water for few days if that doesn't help then your going to have to mount it a rock or depending on size

Boil it for an hour or so then plunge into a bucket of cool water and weigh down. Wait for it to cool then boil again and repeat the process until it sinks on its own.

Screw it to a piece of slate and bury the slate in your substrate.

Boil it for an hour or so then plunge into a bucket of cool water and weigh down. Wait for it to cool then boil again and repeat the process until it sinks on its own.

All good ways to try and waterlog the wood some pieces just won't I have a piece I've had soaking for almost a year and still floats I just mounted it yet lol in the end anyway will do if it works it works if not the mount it always worth trying and learning

I found some cool driftwood at the lake and I'm going to put in in my 30 gallon tank. I've already boiled it, but the wood still floats. How can I make it stay at the bottom of the tank?

I just place it in the tank after cleaning and lay stones on it. Every week I lift a stone to see if it floats. Once it doesn't, I remove all stones and wallah :)

Back
Top Bottom