How do you bring down your KH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know the rough composition some lvls will change with the seasonal changes and pick up some chemicals from run off but even ro filters dont get all of that
I use my plants to bring down my gh and kh and regulate my ph thay also sort the nitrate my discus tank needs onley a 20-30% water change every 2 to 3 weeks and is the most stable tank I know of in my local area
Without a spectrum analyser you can never be 100% about what is in the water and that dousent tell you the bio chemistry ether
I got to say you are one of the only people I know that can do what you are doing and keep it all good
So respect your water calculations must be near spot on

I know the rough composition some lvls will change with the seasonal changes and pick up some chemicals from run off but even ro filters dont get all of that
I use my plants to bring down my gh and kh and regulate my ph thay also sort the nitrate my discus tank needs onley a 20-30% water change every 2 to 3 weeks and is the most stable tank I know of in my local area
Without a spectrum analyser you can never be 100% about what is in the water and that dousent tell you the bio chemistry ether
I got to say you are one of the only people I know that can do what you are doing and keep it all good
So respect your water calculations must be near spot on

We have different source water. If I had different tap water than I currently have my methods may be different. I can be 99.999% sure that my RO/DI water has no minerals in it as it measures out at 0 KH and 0 GH. I will have to trust Seachem to know the levels of minerals I'm adding to my tank as I get that from their label.

I know exactly what I am adding to my tank. Once in the tank, the bio-chemical process changes the composition of the water, do I know that exact composition? No, of course not, I don't have a spectrum analyzer, and it is of no concern to me. I add the water that is most beneficial to my tank, let the biological and chemical processes of the organisms in my tank run their course, and change water regularly.

Do I need to be a chemist? No.

Do I have a simple digital scale that measures to 0.1 grams? yeah. Thats all I need. It isn't hard. anyone can do it. scaring people away and telling them its of no use isn't really any help to them.

Someone asked a question about lowering KH, so I gave a direct answer, that has worked for me, and answered the question.

Most people prefer to judge, ask further questions, and not give an answer as to how to lower the KH. Why not just answer the question?

Ok now I feel like the one under attack I give you respect you talk to me like a c** my opinion is that you do have some points but I will always go for the natural methods and not relying on complex mixing in short you have your own opinion and I have mine I have worked with fish most of my life and I am 35 and started at 7 and keep some of the hardest fish in tropical so I know what I do works

touchy much?

its not complex mixing. It is just as natural as using tap water. water + minerals, thats it. Sorry you feel under attack, but you are the one who thinks I have had too much "advice"

And congratulations on living for 35 years. Thats just great, I'm ecstatic for you!

Some more natural ways to lower kH are adding peat moss to your filter, or by adding clay. Both of these will also lower the pH of your water. However, I really see no need to lower it, as fish will adjust to a wide range of pH and hardness.

Ok now I feel like the one under attack I give you respect you talk to me like a c** my opinion is that you do have some points but I will always go for the natural methods and not relying on complex mixing in short you have your own opinion and I have mine I have worked with fish most of my life and I am 35 and started at 7 and keep some of the hardest fish in tropical so I know what I do works

touchy much?

its not complex mixing. It is just as natural as using tap water. water + minerals, thats it. Sorry you feel under attack, but you are the one who thinks I have had too much "advice"

And congratulations on living for 35 years. Thats just great, I'm ecstatic for you!

Let's calm down a bit - this is a very silly thing to get upset about. Many people have taken different routes to get to the same point, and there are usually several good ways to get the exact same thing done. Fighting about which way is best is very pointless. This argument is getting very childish, let's all tone it down a bit. :)

Let`s keep it civil folks. We just need to help the OP out. We dont need arguing. Post your opinion and move on.

Back
Top Bottom