How do you get an Anubias plant to flower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They will! When moving two of my anubia's from other tanks into the high light 220 their leaves burned even in the shaded areas of the tank. I removed all their leaves and left the rhizomes and 3ish months down the road they began growing new leaves in the higher light with no issues. They are pretty indestructible plants IMO.

That's exactly what I tell people at work when they are looking for a hardy plant. You basically have to try pretty hard to kill Anubias...and even then it might still live. I'll have to try to get it to flower like all the pictures that I've seen on here! I wonder if splitting it will help it to grow a flower or if it will stunt it's growth for a while....with my luck it will probably be the latter!

When it flowers Again I'm gonna try and grow the seeds from the flower! I read about that after it flowered but it was to late! I was mad

Oh that would be way cool! Is there something special that you have to do to the seeds, or can you just take them and plant them? Hopefully by the time mine flowers I'll know what to do so I can get little baby ones from it!

That's exactly what I tell people at work when they are looking for a hardy plant. You basically have to try pretty hard to kill Anubias...and even then it might still live. I'll have to try to get it to flower like all the pictures that I've seen on here! I wonder if splitting it will help it to grow a flower or if it will stunt it's growth for a while....with my luck it will probably be the latter!

They won't stunt by dividing them, I've been doing it for ages.

I'll have to do it and post pictures then! Hopefully the surgery will go well!

Back
Top Bottom