how far did you place your tank from the wall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LONO100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all, after 15 years, i retired my 90 gallon tank and old black pine stand, and purchased a brand new 90 gallon with a custom white flush cabinet stand. i recently moved into a new home and pretty much starting all over again. this setup will be a reef tank with a few small fish. i built a custom sump/refugium that will live in the cabinet with an in sump bubble magus 5 skimmer.

my question is how far have all of you set your tank and stand from the wall? at my old house, i had my tank set 6 inches from the wall and it worked for me but i always wished i had a little more access and space. i have been moving my new tank and stand around and found that 8 inches seems like a good amount of clearance but any farther from the wall and it starts to look odd. anyone out there with opinions on this topic?

I did 4 and wished i had more space its all what looks good to you the more space the better i guess

Back
Top Bottom