How fast can you raise CA levels safely?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bottle of purple up would not last a week on my tank (heard it works well). I use Kents turbo Ca. I noticed my Ca levels dropped since adding many new corals. I just want to know how fast I can increase the CA without harming anything. I have been adding 4 tsp of turbo Ca daily and I thought it would raise it slowly but it is only maintaining the current level.

Brenden, different tanks call for different dosage. Depending on skimming, different corals take up more calcium and filter media, etc. If you are using 4 tsp of turbo Ca and it's keeping it level, try dosing 5 or 6 tsp till you reach your target Ca level. Then figureout how much Ca is required to keep it at that level.

My salifert coral calcium bottle says not to raise it more than 50mg/l per day or 50 ppm. I raised my sps, clam tank 25-30 ppm a day until it reached 450 ppm. I usually take the manufactures recommendations and half them. good luck

Back
Top Bottom