How hardy and fast does this grow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is in the gargonia family. It looks like the specis P. bipinnata. According to Borneman's book, they are faily hardy and adaptible to a variety of conditions. They are shallow water gorgonias and do require moderate lighting for survival. They also can grow very large (the size of small trees). They require high flow and need frequent cleaning to to keep microalgrea and cyno off of it. Also, try to get an animal that is attatched to a clump of substrate, they tend to do better. Good luck...Lando

I have kept those in one of my reefs. Definatly would recomend it. Two rules you need to follow though. VERY HIGH current, preferably with a wave maker (dont put it right on the output of a powerhead, unless you have a Tunzee Streams, because it can rip the tissue right off). Second, make sure to supliment feeding at least twice a week, either with phyto or zooplankton, or by stirring up the gravel with the filter turned off, and still strong current from the powerheads. That should prove a hardy species in a well lit, well fed, well circulated tank.

Andrej

Sounds great guys, I may just order it this week!! I'm a little concerned about the cold weather but if I can pick up at the Fedex station at 9am it will help.

I do have 2x250 watt MH's so I"m not too concerned about lighting. I also dose my tank with DT's twice a week but I've been slacking on that so I guess I'll have to start again.

Since this seems to be somewhat rare and the color is amazing I'm hoping I can trade some frags of it with some local friends!!

Thanks for the input :wink:

Back
Top Bottom