How long can fish survive being shipped?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine were in the box for two nights and most of three days. They are alive and well and doing great. The first couple of days was touch and go.

They should be fine if they are shipped second day UPS or FedEx. If they were a more fragile fish I would suggest shipping them overnight. Some sellers won't guarantee live delivery unless they are shipped overnight though.

I see...

Well I don't even know why apistodave would bother to send them to me using a longer shipping method then 3 days. He sent them last tuesday by postal express and they are yet to arrive. I thought it would arrive within 3 days but thats my fault for assuming that.

I e-mailed him asking when they should come and he said not to worry, he receives fish from germany that take 9 days and they ship to him good. I dont know though...

I mean I payed 35$ to ship 2 pairs of fish. I could send a birthday card and present to my grandma from here in canada to las vegas nevada faster then this has taken for less $$

I just feel real worried now because at first he told me he always ships to canada without any problems. I assumed that the shipping method would have to be within 2-3 days for this to be true. Now Im thinking..of course he would say that : he doesn't guarantee live arrival on international orders. For 35$, I thought thatd be enough to ship the fish within that amount of time but i was wrong :( .

I know shipping material cost money so I knew the real price was actually lower. Overall I just thought this guy knows waht hes doing..

Now im thinking yeah he sure does; he knows how to make the sale. I hope Im wrong about that though.

Im really worried there gona show up like a week form now all dead. It will be 6 days today (monday). So Im praying they will be here and that at least 1 of the 4 fish survive. I could always try to breeda wild one with the triple red then breed the fry to get back the coloration.

I have purchased from apistodave myself and, although I don't live in Canada, my fish arrived safe and sound. He is a reputable dealer with a lot of experience shipping live fish. If he thought there was going to be a problem with these I'm sure he would have suggested that you change shipping methods. Your fish will probably show up in perfect shape.

Back
Top Bottom