How long could I keep a ranchu in an 8gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezzie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I work at a local pet store and have been eyeing off a cute little 3-4cm ranchu (who has a perfect moustache) who has been in the store tank for a couple weeks now.
I have noticed him becoming more lethargic by the day & the urge to save him is becoming very hard to ignore!

My only issue is that the only spare tank I have to set up is a fluval EBI with an eheim 2006 pickup filter.
I also have a spare HOB filter I can use as well for extra filtration.

I do have a 3ft tank however, it is in storage since my apartment is too small to have it in anymore, we will be setting up the tank when we move in a years time to a bigger place.
Once we move he will have the big tank as his new home!

I know the little guy will need a bigger tank but my question is how long can he stay in that sized tank?
I'm good with water changes & know about water quality and have all the equipment associated with it.

If he cannot remain in there for a year I guess I'll have to let him stay at work..

I guess he will have to stay there then :/ hopefully someone nice will pick him out.
I just don't have the money right now to be putting into another tank since I'm setting a 5gal up for my fighter :)
Thanks for the honesty though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom