How long does it take for bettas fins to grow back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chels10117

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know this question has been asked a lot. But I just need reassurance about my particular problem. I love my Betta, but today I dropped him and his tank off at a friends because I am going out of state for approx 5 weeks and couldn't bring him with me. But I had an accident happen... As I was fishing him out of his tank I somehow managed to rip a good portion of his fin off. I don't know exactly how it happend. I was careful. I have no choice but to leave him and not be able to do anything for 5 weeks. He is in a 5 gallon tank all by himself. Just cleaned a lot of the water, dosed with conditioner and aquarium salt. I don't have any tank specs. No filter or heater unfortunately for the time being... I'm so freaked out that he will get fin rot or hurt or something... I have no choice but to leave him. There's nothing I can do for a month. Help. Will he be okay?

I'm so upset because he's a beautiful fish and now his fin is ripped. A good portion of his bottom fin ripped straight off. I'm so mad.

Just looking for reassurance that maybe he will be okay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's just like people. For instance, I've had a hip surgery. Some people scar horribly while I have a thin white line that's hardly noticeable.

Make sure the person attending your fish doesn't overfeed and does weekly pwc with dechlorinator. Time will tell. If something less favorable happens, you have resources and will be able to search out the best plan to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom