How long should I leave the carbon in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauralana9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I dosed my 10 gallon with API fin and body. I first pulled my media and put it in a container with an airstone. Once I am done with the treatment how long should I wait to put my media with all my bacteria back in the tank? It says to do a 25% water change. The tank holds a betta and pygmy corys. Im fully comfortable doing a 50%. I have done it before and the pygmys were fine.

Tank was treated because of the betta. I put him directly into the tank (dumb dumb dumb). Two days later he showed signs of fin rot. I didn't want to relocate him again so soon.

You're wanting to run some carbon in the filter for a time to clear the medication before returning your filter media? Is it new carbon?

I have an aquatech with some of those carts with the carbon in it. I was just going to hook that up since I have a box of filters for it. My regular filter is an aquaclear 20.

And yes sorry it would be a new one. Will that be enough carbon now that I think of it? There doesn't seem to be much. I've never used it for this purpose before.

Your water change will do a lot of the removing. Im sure whatever is in the cartridge will be enough to bring the medication out. Just do another water change if you are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom