How long til a baby guppy can go in my big tank with my other fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naomijaywebb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just wanna no how old / how long till I can put my baby guppy in with my other fish , it's way to small ATM but just curious cause also the mummy guppy is pregnant again :)

Place it in the tank when you know its bigger enough not to fit in your other fishes mouths

Small Guppy

I just wanna no how old / how long till I can put my baby guppy in with my other fish , it's way to small ATM but just curious cause also the mummy guppy is pregnant again :)

Hello naomi...

Since you have the fry separated already, it would be best not to put it in with the others until it's larger than the largest fish's mouth. In the mean time, start feeding all the fish a little more and a little more often. It's been my experience with livebearing fish that well fed adults are unlikely to bother the fry.

B

All great advice, also when you decide to add them, try after an evening feeding when the lights go out, that way it is calm and they won't be noticed. Then make sure to feed a little early in the morning, something yummy, so they will be very happy.

Make sure to add some floating plants live or fake, though I prefer live.

I would agree with everything said and also for me it was always around 1 to 2 months before reintroduction.

Back
Top Bottom