How long to treat Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deltafishin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long do I treat for ich? I noticed the spots in my guppies last Monday and started treatment with Nox-ich doing half doses daily as I have shrimp. I have done two saltwater baths once every 48hrs on the effected fish and two 50% water changes.

I still see some white spots in my guppies, should I continue to treat until spots are gone? I don't have an adjustable heater so the tank is 78 at all times.

If you're still seeing spots, then you should continue treatment until they're all gone. Then, from what some people on here suggest, continue treatment for an additional week past the last sign of ich to ensure all the eggs are dead/gone.

Also, make sure to do a good, deep gravel van during water changes since that is where the eggs are.

Good luck! ?

I had to stop treatment two days after this post as my gaurami was stressed and clamped t the surface I did hect water changes for two day deep vacced and thankfully the ich is no longer symptomatic. Fish are healthy and happy again.

Thanks everyone the saltwater bath and the ich x was successful. But the ich nox stained all silicon in the tank

Back
Top Bottom