how long until I can get a anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daniel1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi im new to saltwater I have a 260l tank with 35kilos of live rock and two clowns + cuc it has been cycled for about a month now and was wondering how long should the tank mature before I get one, lighting is two t5s and tmc leds. Im in no rush to get one just thought I would ask the question. Thanks.

depends on the type. what would you want bubble tip long tenticle carpet ect..

You wait for the tank to mature. Can be 6 months to a year. When I set Up my tank I tested weekly and write the results in a little book, when you are seeing 0 nitrates, (0nitrite and amm) steady temp and salinity consistently for a few months then it is time. You will need better lighting though , when the time comes. Are you clownfish tank bred? Odd are they will never host an anemone anyway, just so you know :)

Hi thanks, the clowns are tank bred but they were hosting when I bought them and I was told tmc aquabeams would be fine for nems do I need more then?

Oh I don't know what those LEDs are, apologies. Most people who say they run t5 and LEDs, the led is usually just moonlight... So they were hosting in the store? Cool. Clowns are funny tho, (pardon the pun) mine started hosting about a year after I put a nem in, not saying they won't, just not all do :)

You wait for the tank to mature. Can be 6 months to a year. When I set Up my tank I tested weekly and write the results in a little book, when you are seeing 0 nitrates, (0nitrite and amm) steady temp and salinity consistently for a few months then it is time. You will need better lighting though , when the time comes. Are you clownfish tank bred? Odd are they will never host an anemone anyway, just so you know :)

Very good advice

Yes they was hosting quite surprised but when I am ready for a nem im not that fussed if they host or not just like them thank you for the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom