How many ADFs in 2.5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoNitrates

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a 2.5 and I want to keep ADFs in it. How many max? And is hard tap water with a PH of 8.2 good or do I need to mix RO water with it?

I've got a 2.5 and I want to keep ADFs in it. How many max? And is hard tap water with a PH of 8.2 good or do I need to mix RO water with it?

Not sure about the params but 4-5 should be fine in there.

How much flor space? And that ph is hight (I have 7.8) but It well be fine for the frogs

thanks for the replies. Floor space-the tank is about 6X12 inches, standard 2.5 gallon. And does the tank have to be cycled for the frogs like it does with fish?

You can have up to three or four. You do not have to cycle a tank for african dwarf frogs. They breathe air, but I would recommend twice weekly vacuuming of the gravel and do a 50 percent water change if you have more than two frogs.

Yes they do breath air but they still live in the water so building up af A,N,N can be harmful

From my experience with my ADFs they like to swim around a lot. Especially after the lights are turned off. Not sure if 2.5 would be big enough IMO

Cycled tank is always best for any aquarium. I would suggest to try and get a bigger tank as they do swim alot whhen lights are off and they swim quite fast. I actually had 1 swim up for air and leap out of the tank onto the floor. I was feeding at the time so no lid and yes I saved him :)

Back
Top Bottom