How many CA/SA cichlids in a 125g gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You've answered your own question in red, not to mention water quality issues as most of those fish are prone to HLLE. That is hands down the most ignorant amount of fish I've seen in a 150g.

Should I even use my activated carbon? I still have them in the package. I might just replace them with some Matrix.

Carbon is chemical filtration, useful if you can use it but to be honest I don't on my largest tank. It needs replacing after a period of time though because if left too long it can leach the stuff it takes out of the water back into the water. I understand it removes heavy metals and other things that tap water conditioner also removes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you think the 150 gallon New World cichlid tank that Kgtropicals had was the right amount of fish?

They had 2 Red Devils, 1 Jack, 1 Oscar, 1 Pleco, 1 Gar, and 1 Jaguar.

They were aggression issues eventually, but I'm keeping that out of this.

That is an obnoxious amount of large terrors in a tank that should only have a quarter of that amount. I hope they aren't using lowered temperatures to force submission.

You've answered your own question in red, not to mention water quality issues as most of those fish are prone to HLLE. That is hands down the most ignorant amount of fish I've seen in a 150g.

I love your comments, HUKIT, nice to see you around ?

Carbon is chemical filtration, useful if you can use it but to be honest I don't on my largest tank. It needs replacing after a period of time though because if left too long it can leach the stuff it takes out of the water back into the water. I understand it removes heavy metals and other things that tap water conditioner also removes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You'll find most people that are cichlid fanatics are serious about their tanks and charcoal usually only comes into play when treating a tank with chemicals temporarily.

I've used zeolite instead of carbon.

what am I doing?

Back
Top Bottom