how many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua man

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my current load- 1 pictus, 2 opaline gouramis 2 chinese algae eaters, 1 rainbow shark, 4 tiger barbs, this is in a 55 gallon tank (long) i just recently put some low light plants in with a layer of clay fertalizer at the bottom and tiny river rocks on top of that. i checked the plants for snails first of course. everything seems to be going really well, for a week now!!! I would like to add some java moss, and a few more fish i dont currently use a co2 injector and really don't want to. Do you think I can get away without it with the java moss? I would also like some advice on fish. I am thinking maybe a gold gourami and another tiger barb. On a different note my rainbow shark has really been bothering my pictus lately do you think I should create another hiding place with rocks for the pictus or what?Maybe some slate.How many more fish can i put in? let me know ideas are appreciated.

I would put at least 2 more tiger barbs in, that way they can spend time picking on each other.

Moss should do fine with just about any light, no CO2 needed

The need for CO2 injection is determined by the amount of light over the aquarium and not the plants. If you have stock lighting then you don't need to worry about injecting CO2.

Back
Top Bottom