How many neon tetras can I put in a planted 20 high?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm currently running one AC30 but I'm going to add another one. Only other inhabitant is a bn pleco (my 5 year old tetras passed away :().

I currently have 12 neon tetras and they are doing amazingly. I added them pretty recently, and I want to put in more from the same family ideally, if there's any left at the LFS. Will my tank support 20? 24? Thanks.

Will you be adding anything else interested he future aside from desired neons? You change water weekly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't really want anything else. I love the little guys. I can do about 25% a week. Or 30

I have 11 in mine, plus a few platys and a couple of Otos, filtered by an AC 50 and an AC 20. Water conditions are pristine. If all you have are neons, then, with two AC 30s, I think you could easily support 20 in that tank. A weekly 20% water change should be fine.

I'm trying to decide between more neons or a small gourami or other single fish. The neons seem so happy, I don't want to mess up what they have going on

What else could I get that would enjoy my tank? It's warm and a little alkaline (80F and 7.5)

Back
Top Bottom