how many plants are required for the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nilesh7318

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i am having an aquarium 120 cms length, 40 cms breadth, 50 cms height. I know that in a planted tank we have to plant heavy. so can anyone tell me approximate number plants do i plant .(say for example, for stem plants how many number of stems). can anyone please help.

Actually you can use as many or few as you like. The best advice I can give you is get some paper and make it the size of your tank bottom then figure out the plants you want to use and mark them in X's with appropriate space. That will give you an idea of how many you need. Also remember you want to buy plants that your lighting will grow. If you have low light then you need to use low light tolerant plants, same for med and high light.

You don't necessarily HAVE to plant heavily in a tank unless there is a very high light situation with regular fertilization. If you are going for medium or low light I wouldn't really worry about the density of the plants at first.

Back
Top Bottom