How many tanks do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10 gallon community and a 1 gallon hospital/ghost shrimp/live plant tank

Getting a 30 gallon soon

oo Me next!!

I have a 20 g Hi
1 10 gallon
1 3 gal Hospital!!

and a partridge in a pear tree!

One 55 gallon semi aggressive and one 10 gallon RCS with plants

72 bow front (Oscar)
37 gallon (plants and angels soon)
10gallon betta (8 yr old sons tank, his name is "reddie" (the fish's name lol))
10 gallon (cycling, waiting for fish, 14 yr old sons tank)
75 gallon tank we are rebuilding now (re-silconed it and now waiting on new top frame, and hubby is going to build stand for it, it will go in our bedroom when done. Probably community cichlids)

I still have another bedroom that does not have a tank in it..... Hmmmmmm. Lol

I have a 40 gallon breeder, 36 gallon bowfront, 15 gallon, and a 10 gallon. Two are planted.

My family has;
2 10 Gallons
2 29 Gallons
1 30 Gallon
1 75 Gallon

1 yet to be set up betta tank (idk gallons)
1 yet to be set up 10 gallon

One of the 29 gallons and the 30 gallon are mine.

I am trying to upgrade to (hopefully add :)) two 55 gallons one for my community fish and one for my oscar.

True or false you are more experienced with the amount of tanks you have I say false

FishFanatic88 said:
I do not quite understand what you mean, can you clarify?

Like, do you agree that the more tanks you have, the more experienced you get or have more knowledge over fish and fish keeping? I disagree since you can use other resources for knowledge such as the Internet or books (which I use both of)

I have:
a 30 gallon FW community, My sister is the official owner of a 5 gallon betta tank but I do all the water changes and everything.

I want (and probably will not get anytime soon)
125 gallon Southern American Cichlid tank (Oscar, JD, Convict)
75 gallon African Cichlid tank
40 gallon SW reef (when I get a job haha reefs are so expensive)
10 gallon rcs and endler tank

Bobjoefredsky said:
Like, do you agree that the more tanks you have, the more experienced you get or have more knowledge over fish and fish keeping? I disagree since you can use other resources for knowledge such as the Internet or books (which I use both of)

I also disagree. My Lfs employee says she has 15 tanks running right now, and just the other day I had to tell her how big a common pleco got and compatibility issues with an Oscar and goldfish!

Yeah. Some filthy rich person could buy 30 tanks but still not know squat because he didn't do any research.

But, then again, if he is that rich, he probably has someone do all of that "necessary stuff" for him;)

Bobjoefredsky said:

To a point yes, you learn by trial and error but i am not saying that is the right way to do it. For the most part i disagree because for instance my dad has had tanks for over 30 years and has never cycled one and only does a pwc once a month. But some how he seems to bever lose any fish and he keeps fish that are sometimes tough to keep; angels, clown loaches and GBR.

I too use other recources such as the internet, books, this website.

jackwagon said:
I also disagree. My Lfs employee says she has 15 tanks running right now, and just the other day I had to tell her how big a common pleco got and compatibility issues with an Oscar and goldfish!

Haha she must have 15 tanks filled with pond snails or something

bud29 said:
Yeah. Some filthy rich person could buy 30 tanks but still not know squat because he didn't do any research.

But, then again, if he is that rich, he probably has someone do all of that "necessary stuff" for him;)

Reminds me of the customers on the show Tanked ;)

Back
Top Bottom