How much Blackworms can be put into a tank for food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GIES2525

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought two spoon fulls of Blackworms from my local LFS. I bought them so my Blue Lobster had something to eat, other then my Tetras fins. They told me that i could dump the whole two scoop fulls into the tank, and it will be alright. But it seems like a lot of food to be putting in there all at once. But he said they would just go down to the bottom and live until they get scavanged by the Lobster, or other fish. So is this true?

I have a 39 Gallon tall tank. WHich has been very consistent with good perameters, and i dont want to mess that up by making one wrong move.

I'd put about 1/4 of what you have in the tank at a time. The blackworms won't spoil but they can dig into the gravel and be hard to find. Feeding less at a time give the crayfish more time to find them and eat them. Fish will eat them too. If they are all gone after you put that amount in you can always feed more easily. It's kinda hard to take out the blackworms once you put them in, know what I mean?

Back
Top Bottom