How much CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hulka9

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been trying to research how much CO2 i need for my tank and the majority of answers I have found have something to do with the pH and KH and using a table. Can anyone explain this to me?

The best way to monitor CO2 is by using a drop checker. You fill it with a pH reagent and 4dkh liquid and then it will change colors based on the amount of CO2 in your tank. You can pick them up on ebay fairly cheaply

The best way to monitor CO2 is by using a drop checker. You fill it with a pH reagent and 4dkh liquid and then it will change colors based on the amount of CO2 in your tank. You can pick them up on ebay fairly cheaply

+1 Mebbid - I recently started using co2 as well and a drop checker is the only way to go unless u have time to constantly test kh and gh. Just some advice, I went cheap on the drop checker and it ended up being a waste of money! Look at the drop checkers at Green Leaf Aquariums, I got the Pearl and it made my life much easier!

+1 Mebbid - I recently started using co2 as well and a drop checker is the only way to go unless u have time to constantly test kh and gh. Just some advice, I went cheap on the drop checker and it ended up being a waste of money! Look at the drop checkers at Green Leaf Aquariums, I got the Pearl and it made my life much easier!

+1 You cant go wrong with the Pearl. The charts are a great way to give you an idea of your Co2 level (number wise), you can also look into adding a PH controller for your system.

Love my ph controller best 100$ ever!!! No swings no spikes work DONE! LolImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397652722.967104.jpg

What's a PH Controller and how does it work, do I need to have a co2 system for the controller......sorry new to all of this and sounds like Dutch to me LOL ...thanks

Yes you do need a co2 system... Your pH will naturally want to go up or down but mostly up with planted tanks. Nitrification happens either way. A PH controller will turn on a solenoid valve in the system as the ph rises to a set point you decide. Then releasing CO2 into the tank. As the pH comes back down the controller turns off the solenoid valve stopping the co2 flow in to the tank. Mine goes on at 7.0 & off at 6.8

Back
Top Bottom