How much money do you have into our hobby so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Much

• 0-100

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 101-200

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • 201-300

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 301-400

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 401-500

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • 501-800

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 801-1000

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • 1001-1500

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • 1501-2000

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • This list can't even touch my price tag lol

Votes: 54 18.6%

• Total voters
I was wondering if it was a typo or if you lived in a country that uses decimals instead of commas for large numbers! Guess we answered that...

I live in the good old U.S.A., just having a senior moment I guess:oops:

20 grand invested into this hobby? Yikes! That's what a paid for my Malibu!!!! Lol. But I guess if it was a nice 240g reef setup, I wouldn't mind putting in 20k :)

That amount is for everything that I have. Including my whole fishroom and all my display tanks. I have built my fishroom over the last 25 years. Started back when equipment was MUCH less expensive. The first air supply blower I bought was $79.00 brand new back then:eek:

Wow, I don't feel so bad now. Thanks y'all! :) I have about $1000-$1200 into it so far. I'm getting ready to outfit a bigger tank though. Yikes!

Hholly said:
Wow, I don't feel so bad now. Thanks y'all! :) I have about $1000-$1200 into it so far. I'm getting ready to outfit a bigger tank though. Yikes!

I'd say my bro and i have got about 600-700 into our 40 fw, 30sw, and various old 10g's....

Sucky part is that we are kids and dont have any money once we get anything new lol!

just bought 500lbs live rock,

Ups my total a bit ;),

mind you the store was going under so I didnt pay anywhere close to retail

audifusion said:
just bought 500lbs live rock,

Ups my total a bit ;),

mind you the store was going under so I didnt pay anywhere close to retail

I seen that in your thread I would like you total when that monster is done

The tank is at my office for the enjoyment of many so I think it's an investment that will pay for itself.

Its a real eye catcher, even with no fish in it, everyone is eagerly awaiting completion

I've got maybe $7,000 invested. But drastically diwnsizing. I will no longer have my fish room. I'm going from about 35 tanks to 4 tanks :/ movin from a 4 bedroom 2 floor (also has a basement where my room is) home to a 1br apartment :,(. My 90 gallon has turned into a survivor tank which actually is going surprisingly well. But I might be off a couple hundred dollars. This is over a matter of 2 1/2 years

300$ in x2 55g fresh, and 125g fresh. I love Craigslist and I work in a machine shop, DIY anything and everything I can. I'm cheap but don't think my fish can tell the difference.

Well my total was around 5g before I even started salt water but now I am around 6g that 1000 on the salt tank alone I don't even have water in it yet lol

I have a 55 with discus so like 500 in just fish, plus setup cost and food for 14 months and now recently setup on my new 36 bowfront. Lol. It's definitely a financial sacrifice.

I'd have to guess somewhere between 1,500 - 2,500 dollars.....shhh don't tell anyone :O

You people are crazzzzzy lol. I'm 600-800 w/ 10gal, 46 and stand and 55 and stand incl fish and decoration BUT the 55 is not yet complete and hope to be picking up a 75g and stand tonight but haven't heard back yet this eve. It's a sickness!!!!

Lonestarbandit said:
You people are crazzzzzy lol. I'm 600-800 w/ 10gal, 46 and stand and 55 and stand incl fish and decoration BUT the 55 is not yet complete and hope to be picking up a 75g and stand tonight but haven't heard back yet this eve. It's a sickness!!!!

That it is keep in mind though this is like tank # 15 or 16 all of which have custom hardwood stands some with matching canopies and most have t5 or LEDs so that's where most of the cash went

lol I'm at least 200 dollars in with a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon and 3 bettas... and that's also counting my previous fish over the past 7 years.... xD I took a lot of long breaks though.

Anyway, if you guys think this is bad, try being an equestrian. I've invested at LEAST 20 grand in the past 7 years.

Sachiel said:
lol I'm at least 200 dollars in with a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon and 3 bettas... and that's also counting my previous fish over the past 7 years.... xD I took a lot of long breaks though.

Anyway, if you guys think this is bad, try being an equestrian. I've invested at LEAST 20 grand in the past 7 years.

Oh man does my horse cost me lol I feel your pain

Back
Top Bottom