How much to baffle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have Penguin HOB filters. I have rubber banded the Fluval Pre Filters to the output because I have a betta in each tank. I know bettas prefer very little curren, and I've seen them struggle a bit with it. Well, my question is, how can I know what is too much baffle, and what is not enough? I have a few bubbles with the baffling, but they are very few. Will the tank (which includes other fish) get enough surface agitation?

I'm not too familiar with the penguin hob filters but when I was running a top find hob on my 5.5 gallon tank I used a piece of water bottle to baffle it. I just cut off the ends and then cut a single line down the middle of the remaining piece, then stuck it over the area where the water flows back into the water. It helped distribute the flow. I also switched the media and put a bunch more filter floss to slow down the water. Worked for me until I decided to switch to internal filters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom