how much to feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrit250

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was wondering if anyone can help me here i was wondering how often i should feed my fish some ppl say once a day some 2 a day i feed them mysis right now and they all eat it i got a salfin tang and a sweet lips only 4 inches right now and some craps and lobsters i give them just enough where they eat it in 3 mins or less but notice today my nitrates are high was gonna cut them back some on the food i feed them twice a day right now

Been feeding my tank every other day for over 12 yrs now. Many fish are over 10 yrs old right now.

You could try more frequent or larger PWCs; or less feedings. How high were the nitrates? I think I read on this board that " a hungry fish is a happy fish" . One of the experts here will read your post soon an offer more help.

If you have a FOWLR tank, I think those nitrate levels are acceptable. If it has corals, closer to 0 is what you'd want. I've also read about vodka dosing; it's appeared on a few forums.

Nitrates are fine for FO. I feed the tank on Wendesday and Saturday nights. Yes, just twice a week. I add nori just about every day for the tangs.

OK, so the tank is 135 gallons with a light bioload.
PWC is every 3 weeks (not often enough). How many gallons is your PWC?

How much LR do you have?
Do you have a wet/dry, biowheel or cannister filter?

yes fresh water only i do a 25 gallon change i got alot of lr i get a sump for my filter

Back
Top Bottom