How much to sell a tank for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My husband, daughter and I are moving in with a family member for a year or so to save up some money. We wont have as much space as we do now, so we've been downsizing. Right now, I have my 55 gallon, 46 gallon, and 5 gallon. I hope to sell the 46 gallon.

My question is how much I should sell the 46 gallon for? I got everything for bout 500 with tax. I know I am not going to get anywhere what I paid for, but I dont know how much would be a good bargain on both sides.

Marineland 46 Gallon Bowfront tank ($280 +stand)
Matching Marineland black stand with glass panels.
Aqua Clear 70 filter (59.99)
Aqueon Pro 200 watt heater ($40)

50 pounds Eco Complete substrate ($60 for 2 25lb bags)
4 pieces of red slate stone ($20)
Black background ($10)

I would say about $300-350 probably. I mean, it depends alot on where you live too. Where I live you're better off to get a new tank at a pet store rather than craigslist. I got my 40 breeder with everything for under $150 from petmart (no stand though). See what others in your area are selling tanks for similar to yours

In my area, used tanks and stands get 50 cents on the dollar.

And in most cases, nothing at all for accessories, because most folks are interested in doing the tank their way.

And personally, I wouldn't buy used Eco Complete from anyone. Aside from the texture (which is good for plant roots and easy for them to grow through) it has a time limited benefit for the iron.

Back
Top Bottom