How often do tetras breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two glowlight tetras and 5 neon tetras.

If they are in very good condition and fed a variety of flakes, pellets, frozen and meaty foods, how often should I expect them to breed?

Tetras tend to be scatter layers so it's unlikely you will get fry to live if they stay with the parents. I'd recommend filling a ten with a two inch layer of marbles and fill it with water two inches from the top. Add a sponge filter and one of your schools. As soon as you see spawning, remove parents and filter. Someone else will have to help from there I'm unsure on raising.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You would probably get better success with greater numbers of each gender. With the pairs that you have, there is no guarantee that you have male and female combinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tetras generally spawn every 8-10 days once conditioned properly after spawning...i put my cardinals,harlequin and blue flame tetras every 2 weeks to spawn and i always get a handsom spawn...

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Raising them is not very easy but its a challenge...what i found works well to raise my fry are infosoria or alot of java moss....when the fry are free swimmimg they feed on the bacteria of the javamoss for 2-3 days then they will be abled to eat live brine....

I breed and raise alot of tetras so i would be abled to tell you the methodni go about breeding them...and raising the fry

Tetras generally spawn every 8-10 days once conditioned properly after spawning...i put my cardinals,harlequin and blue flame tetras every 2 weeks to spawn and i always get a handsom spawn...

Thanks. That's a bit more than a week...so thanks. That's all I needed to know.

Back
Top Bottom