How often do you feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morticus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Some people say 2 times a day, some people say once a day, some people say once every other day... which is best? I remember someone saying that they feed every other day, but clips nori in the tank every day.

I feed mine before work at 9am and then again when I get home at 10pm. Anyway everyone is happy and there is never any excess food on the floor of the tank.

I feed the fish and corals in my main every other day. The fish get 3/4 cube of formula 1,2 or prime reef. I've recently bumped this up from 1/2 because my maroon is eating better these days. The corals get liquid life, oyster eggs, krill & mysis. The tang gets a clip of Nori on off days from feeding (more on feeding day if he looks hungry/pinched).

My Purple Tang in QT tank I feed every day (something significantly less than 1/4 cube of food depending on how he eats). Since less food goes into the QT tank than the main and it falls so fast and gets vacuumed up so soon he gets fed daily. I usually clip Nori into his tank daily as well. Of course I'm doing daily 25% water changes on this tank to keep up with a healthy pooping tang and all the waste that goes along with one.

I feed daily, rotating between bio blend pellets, krill, mysis, formula 1, formula 2, and cyclop-eeze.

I feel every 2 to 3 days depending how hungry everyone looks, i think it helps because the fish seem to eat all their natural food from the rock and sand

So I guess that older tanks don't have to fed as often due to lots of pods, algae and other natural foods. I'll start off with once a day and go from there, thanks.

I think it is more like you start out feeding frequently and when the parameters get out of hand you cut back to fight hair algae, cyano and other unsightlies in the tank. In doing that you find that your fish do just fine with the reduced feeding schedule. I started out at every 2 days. :roll:

my guys look always hungry:)

I feed a little twice a day. I used to feed a lot every other day but the more territorial fish started chasing the other around and my RG had a junk of her fin missing one day and then i changed.

I feed when I think about it. My goal is nori every other day and a froozen krill/mysis, Prime Reef, Spirulina, vita-chem, selcon, GarlicGuard, cyclop-eeze mush every three days. I also feed DT's twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom