how often shlould i test?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

son2fu

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am getting a 26 gallon tank soon so I am wondering how often should I test: regularly and during the nitrogen cycle, and what to test for.

plz help

At the beginning test for ammonia. When you start to see the ammonia level decreasing, start testing for nitrites. When the ammonia =0 and nitrites are beginning to decrease, start testing for Nitrates. At this point you don't have to test for Ammonia any longer during the cycle. After the cycle is complete and you add fish test for ammonia on a daily basis for about a week to make sure you don't have any spikes. During the fishless nitrogen cycle test every day or every other day. How do you plan on cycling the tank?

im cycling no fish style with ammonia.

and... how often do I test for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and PH after the cycle is done, like on a regular basis?

I don't test for Ammonia, Nitrites or pH at all unless I have a mysterious fish death. Nitrates MAYBE once a month to just make sure that my water changing schedule is adequate. But honestly I only really test if something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom