How often should I change water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 established and planted 10 gallon tanks that consistently test at 0 nitrates every week before I get ready to my 50% wc. My tap water has 5 ppm of nitrates in it by itself. There is a betta in each tank. Now, I do use seachem's nitrogen supplement because I was worried there was not enough for the plants.

How often and how much water would you change if these were your tanks?

If you have plants and only a betta in each tank with good filtration then seriously a 25%WC weekly would surfice.

I have 2 established and planted 10 gallon tanks that consistently test at 0 nitrates every week before I get ready to my 50% wc. My tap water has 5 ppm of nitrates in it by itself. There is a betta in each tank. Now, I do use seachem's nitrogen supplement because I was worried there was not enough for the plants.

How often and how much water would you change if these were your tanks?

0 ppm nitrates will pose a problem in a planted tank. I would look into dosing some sort of nitrogen, you can get dry potassium nitrate (KNO3) from bobstropicalplants.com. I personally would stick to 50% wc every week, however you most likely could switch to 25%/week with no consequences.

Back
Top Bottom