How often to feed shrimps.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have few red cherrys and yellow neons and I will be getting some black crystal shrimps this Thursday. So far I wasn't much concerned about feeding them but since now I am adding crystal blacks and will be adding more exotic ones in future too so I want to know what shrimp food is best and in a budget. Are common algae waffers which are made for Plecos etc are ok for shrimp to eat? Also how often you feed your shrimp. I read conflicting ideas. My LFS doesn't even feed and they graze on algae only and this was his answer to me wheni asked him about food.

People on Internet say to feed them every other day or every three days. Some shrimp keepers say to feed there shrimp daily. Its all very confusing.

Please share your experience about feeding. Thanks.

I’m not sure myself but these two people on YouTube have a lot of useful info that will help you decide how much to feed them and help you in the future :)

Marks Shrimp Tanks
Markpeggie1

Aquarium Co-op

Last edited by a moderator:
I feed my RCS and yellows every 2-3 days. Different brands of algae wafers and, occasionally, zucchini. I just picked up a LOWKEYS sample pack from Han Aquatics and have been trying those out (so far all have been well received).
Interestingly, the flakes my fish turn their snouts up at (Ken’s Premium Colormax) drive the shrimp nuts. They pounce on it.

I feed my RCS and yellows every 2-3 days. Different brands of algae wafers and, occasionally, zucchini. I just picked up a LOWKEYS sample pack from Han Aquatics and have been trying those out (so far all have been well received).
Interestingly, the flakes my fish turn their snouts up at (Ken’s Premium Colormax) drive the shrimp nuts. They pounce on it.
Thanks and do you use a feeding dish or something? Also for how long you let the food stay inside water? Suppose you put food and shrimps started to eat but couldn't finish it then do u remove the food or let it there so they can eat later when they want?

No feeding dish. Nothing goes to waste as a horde of rams horn and MTS are always on the scene above and below the substrate wherever the food is present. It’s like a bait ball of shrimp and snails.

No feeding dish. Nothing goes to waste as a horde of rams horn and MTS are always on the scene above and below the substrate wherever the food is present. It’s like a bait ball of shrimp and snails.
Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom