How should I deal with a dead fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellebogen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, all. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks after learning that my fish was blind, he died today of malnourishment. The other fish are fine, though probably a bit scarred.. I think he died last night when I was asleep.

I already gave him a porcelain funeral. Apollo will be remembered. Poor guy. But he was probably in the tank a good twelve hours before I found him.. How should I cleanse the tank? Will it be detrimental to my other fish if I go buy a new one? Thanks, guys.

By new one, I mean another fish. Three guppies in a ten gallon seems like one too few.. It is a sad day.

I did a water change. The rest of my fish seem more sad without Apollo... I'm just imagining that, right?

Yep, although the fish schooling might have changed. I had one cardinal tetra left that hung out with the rasboras. Don't think he was impressed. Now with more tetras he has gone back to his own school and probably doing better in a decent sized group.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom